FormattedInputFunction is a stream input function that performs the following:
- Constructs an object of type basic_istream::sentry with automatic storage duration and with the
noskipws argument set to false, which performs the following
- if eofbit or badbit are set on the input stream, sets the
failbit as well, and if exceptions on failbit are enabled in this input stream's exception mask, throws ios_base::failure.
- flushes the tie()'d output stream, if applicable
ios_base::skipws flag is set on this input stream, extracts and discards characters from the input stream until one of the following becomes true:
- the next available character on the input stream is not a whitespace character, as tested by the std::ctype facet of the locale currently imbued in this input stream. The non-whitespace character is not extracted.
- the end of the stream is reached, in which case
eofbit are set and if the stream is on for exceptions on one of these bits, ios_base::failure is thrown.
- Checks the status of the sentry by calling
sentry::operator bool(), which is equivalent to basic_ios::good.
- If the sentry returned false or sentry's constructor threw an exception, no input takes place
- If the sentry returned true, performs the input as if by calling rdbuf()->sbumpc() or rdbuf()->sgetc().
- if the end of the stream is reached (the call to rdbuf()->sbumpc() or rdbuf()->sgetc() returns Traits::eof()), sets
eofbit. If exceptions on eofbit are enabled in this stream's exception mask, throws ios_base::failure.
- if an exception is thrown during input, sets
badbit in the input stream. If exceptions on badbit are enabled in this stream's exception mask, the exception is also rethrown.
- If no exception was thrown, returns *this.
- In any event, whether terminating by exception or returning, the sentry's destructor is called before leaving this function.
The following standard library functions are