- Every copy constructor is trivial or deleted
- Every move constructor is trivial or deleted
- Every copy assignment operator is trivial or deleted
- Every move assignment operator is trivial or deleted
- at least one copy constructor, move constructor, copy assignment operator, or move assignment operator is non-deleted
- Trivial non-deleted destructor
This implies that the class has no virtual functions or virtual base classes.
Scalar types and arrays of
TriviallyCopyable objects are
TriviallyCopyable as well, as well as the const-qualified (but not volatile-qualified) versions of such types.
The following behavior-changing defect reports were applied retroactively to previously published C++ standards.
|| Applied to
|| Behavior as published
|| Correct behavior
| CWG 1734
|| C++03 POD with deleted non-trivial assignment was not trivial
|| deleted ctors/operators allowed