UnformattedInputFunction is a stream input function that performs the following:
- Constructs an object of type basic_istream::sentry with automatic storage duration and with the
noskipws argument set to true, which performs the following
- if eofbit or badbit are set on the input stream, sets the
failbit as well, and if exceptions on failbit are enabled in this input stream's exception mask, throws ios_base::failure.
- flushes the tie()'d output stream, if applicable
- Checks the status of the sentry by calling
sentry::operator bool(), which is equivalent to basic_ios::good.
- If the sentry returned false or sentry's constructor threw an exception:
- sets the number of extracted characters (gcount) in the input stream to zero
- if the function was called to write to an array of
CharT() (the null character) to the first location of the array
- If the sentry returned true, performs the input as if by calling rdbuf()->sbumpc() or rdbuf()->sgetc().
- if the end of the stream is reached (the call to rdbuf()->sbumpc() or rdbuf()->sgetc() returns Traits::eof(), sets
eofbit. If exceptions on eofbit are enabled in this stream's exception mask, throws ios_base::failure.
- if an exception is thrown during input, sets
badbit in the input stream. If exceptions on badbit are enabled in this stream's exception mask, the exception is also rethrown.
- If no exception was thrown during input, sets the number of extracted characters (gcount) in the input stream.
- In any event, whether terminating by exception or returning, the sentry's destructor is called before leaving this function.
The following standard library functions are